Friday, May 2, 2014

Heebee Post #1104 - Neosho - Chicago, Illinois - USA

 The super fun Ex Postal Facto event in San Francisco last Feb. really clicked a lot of friendships into place, as is the case of my meeting the multi talented artist, Neosho. Above, you can get a feeling of her pursuit of odd merriment in her playful and well done artistamps and her fanciful decorated envelope.

This handsome piece of artful correspondence was snuggled nicely into a clear plastic envelope and was a pleasure to extract it from the magic box that hangs near my front door.

 I had met the good-vibed, cool aura wielding Neosho earlier in the opening evening for the Mail/Art/Book exhibit and enjoyed our brief, smiling conversation. She handed me her little card and I made a mental note of our encounter to make certain that I get to know her better. A short while later, I saw this tiny envelope medallion on someone's neck. "Where did you get that"? I loved it and had to see if I possibly could acquire one. "Neosho" was her grinning reply.

I didn't find her to talk to again (ugh!). But, I did send her a postcard shortly after I returned home from the XPF Expo down south. And then, her mail art package came and I now own one! This gorgeous little fired and glazed envelope is now my mail art talisman. It will be going around my neck soon, after a visit to the craft store for a proper neck hanging string or chain. This really made my day!

Included in this package was a superbly written note. I don't post personal correspondence although I will tell you that I was rather amused to find her thoughts were quite similar to my own!

 She related that Ex Postal Facto in San Francisco was such a gas, that the return home seemed a bit dull and lonely. But, she says, all your mail art friends are always just  a mail delivery away. The long letter was a pleasure to read, thank you so much for that. I love uplifting people and Neosho subscribes totally to the Heebee Jeebeeland credo: "More Fun - Less Worry" as well as a kind of "Courage in Everything" attitude.








She also expressed that she was trying to slow down the seemingly, festively fast paced San Francisco event, because it seemed to be racing by and I couldn't concur more, that it just went too darn fast! Ah well, we sure had fun!


The memories of people in their old age are the deeds of folks in their prime. XPF will definitely be something I will always remember - Yes, it was that great! Thank you very much Neosho - I'm sure looking forward to future nutty art dealings between us in the post. You were a darling to meet and I shall see you in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. I love Neosho... generous , kind, inventive and full of mailart goodness. I am glad to see she is still sending out her special kind of mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Neosho... generous , kind, inventive and full of mailart goodness. I am glad to see she is still sending out her special kind of mail :)

    ReplyDelete